Thursday, July 27, 2017

Bonding With Your Pet

Mom loves me. How do I know? She tells me all the time. She tells me I am her very favorite white dog. She loves DixieLee too. How do I know? She tells her she is her very favorite brown dog.

Mom and Dad tell us they love is us lots of other ways too.

They spend time with us. We go for walks or to the park together. When Dad plays in the yard or garden, we get to watch him. Dad is also good at playing games with us like tug of war or hide and seek.

We help Mom when she does her computer stuff and when she works in the studio making gift baskets. She plays games too, her best being catch.

We watch TV with them and even get to sleep on the bed with them.

Touching is a good way to show love but every dog is different about how they like to be touched. Some dogs, like DixieLee, don’t like to be touched much and not many dogs like to be hugged. Human hugging is like when a dog puts it’s paw over another dog which is a dominance stance.

Brushing and baths (I hate both) are not only good for being healthy, they are good ways to bond.

I love to get belly rubs and ear scratches and DixieLee and I both think getting our backs and butts scratched it the bestest way of getting petted.

Mom and Dad talk to us all the time. We like hearing their voices (most of the time). I specially like when Mom asks my opinion about a new design or a new product we want to add to the Paw Pals Boutique line.

They show us they love us by letting us have our own space. We each have our own crate and we can go in and be alone when we want. We also have the run of the house when they are home so if I want to sleep on the bed or be outside in the pen while Dad and DixieLee are watching TV, I can.

Food and treats are another way we know we are loved. We get healthy food and good stuff like coconut oil and good treats like carrots and watermelon. They could give us more treats though. We’ve had that discussion several times but I don’t think I’m getting my point across.

Aside from not understanding the more treats thing, Mom and Dad try to listen to us and understand what we like and don’t like. All in all, it’s a pretty good arrangement. I know Mom and Dad love us and we try to let them know we love them back.

I think it’s about time for another belly rub. Dad doesn’t look too busy….

Love,

Zeva



P.S. Blatant self-promotion. For the bestest pet gift baskets in the universe, you don’t have to look any further thanpawpalsboutique.com Check it out today.



No comments:

Post a Comment