Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Forever In Our Hearts


We visit lots of dog sites on line.  I especially like 3 Million Dogs and Dog Everywhere on Facebook because we get to meet dogs from all over the world and see what they and their families are doing.  We may live in very different places (our bestest friends live in India and Canada) but we are all very much alike.

We all like treats and walks and spending time with our humans.  Mom reads me the posts all the time and sometimes we find a post about a dog that has crossed over to Rainbow Bridge.  It never fails, Mom cries.

It doesn’t matter that she doesn’t know the dog or the humans, she still cries.  I asked her why and she said that some dogs are extra special (like me and DixieLee) and that when they cross over Rainbow Bridge, their humans are very sad.

Special dogs make their humans so happy that when they cross, they make their humans extra sad.  I think that’s right because when our neighbor Ranger crossed over a few weeks ago her humans were very sad.  Even though she was 15 years old and not feeling good it still hurt them a lot.  It hurt her doggy sister too.  I know because we talked.

Mom said when she lost her first dog the vet said to go and get another right away.  I know, that doesn’t work for most people.  Everyone grieves in their own way, but Dr. Nancy knew Mom forever and getting another dog right away was good for Mom.

Dr. Nancy said the best way to honor the loss of a pet is to give another animal the chance for a good life.  Humans never forget their special pets and another pet is not a replacement.  A new pet is the chance to fill their heart and home with the love of another special pet.

Just yesterday, I noticed that there is a new puppy at our neighbor’s house!  Dad said she is a rescue from the local shelter.  I can’t wait to meet her.

Wishing you all a long life filled with treats and walks and fun times with your humans,

Your friend,

Zeva


P.D.  Blatant self promotion.  Visit our website at pawpalsboutique.com for the best selection of pet gift baskets in the Universe.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Zeva. I have to admit it: I cry whenever I see on facebook that another dog or cat friend has crossed the bridge.
    I am so glad to read this blog. It is wonderful.
    Lumas writes his blog every week on DB and CB. He will have a new one up either today or tomorrow. My email is all a mess and I am way behind today and it's time to take Jasper out again already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lali. We saw where you do a blog and we're going to follow you. Sorry that we don't join in on the chats.... yet.... hoping we can do so in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very touching blog, Marie. It breaks my heart too whenever I read that one of the furry babies has crossed the Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree that a dog's only fault is that it's life is so short.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can join us for a chat sometimes and I always enjoy your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you post the times on 3million dogs but would you send me an email for the next few and I if the time works for me, I'll certainly join in
      Thanks
      Marie

      Delete