Friday, June 8, 2012

Salute to the Working Dog

I'm a working dog.  I am the product tester and chief designer for Laurel Mountain Basket Co, my family's gift basket company.  I have a very tough job and have to make lots of important decisions every day.
But today I want to talk about some other working dogs that I really admire.  Dogs like Police Dogs often called K-9's.  These highly trained dogs have lots of jobs, all of which are dangerous.  They protect and help their police officer partners.  Because they can run faster than people, they can chase down and hold a bad guy until the human police officer can catch up.
Some police dogs have special training. Because they have such a great sense of smell they can be trained to sniff out drugs or explosives or even help with arson investigations. Their sense of smell makes them good at searching and rescuing lost people too.
Police dogs are so special they can have their own badge numbers and even have their own bullet proof vests.  In some places hurting a police dog is considered a felony which means big, big trouble for the bad guys.
Other really important working dogs are serving in our military.  Like the police dog, a military dog protects and helps.  War dogs, as they are sometimes called, sniff out mines and are great scouts and guards. Within the past few years, War Dogs started being used more and more on the front lines.
Cairo is probably the most famous War Dog I know about.  He was with the Navy SEALs team that captured Osama bin Laden.  He got lowered out of a helicopter and he has his own body armor to help keep him from getting hurt.
I want to thank Cairo and all of the other dogs who work to help keep me and my family safe.
Now I will get back to my work.  Where do I want to take my afternoon nap, family room couch, office couch or the bed.... decisions, decisions, decisions
Love from your friend,
Zeva

No comments:

Post a Comment