Saturday, August 18, 2012

Begging 101

I have a problem and I'm hoping you can help. I'm looking for some professional advice. I rescued my humans when I was only 11 weeks old so they were pretty easy to train. It was easy to get them to make room on their bed for me and it was easy to get Mom to take me to work with her every day so I didn't have to stay at home by myself.

It was easy to get them to take me to doggy daycare on days when neither would be able to stay with me. And it was easy to get them to take me for long walks.

Here's my problem, I can't get my humans to give me people food. I have tried all of the tricks. I've got the soulful eyes look perfected to Academy Award level. I've found that a soft whimper gets their attention but it doesn't get me any food.

Sitting in the kitchen while they are cooking only gets me banished to the living room and they always seem to catch me when I try to sneak back. I try to ease my way under the table while they are eating but again, I get banished to the living room. How can they expect me to sit by and ignore the wonderful scents of a chicken or a roast? Man, I'll even settle for scrambled eggs or tuna fish but nooooo.

Okay, so every once in awhile I get some tuna juice or a soft boiled egg mixed in with my dry food and I do get a marrow bone every Saturday, but they get that stuff anytime they want. It's not fair!

Do you get your humans to give you human food any time you want?  How do you do it?

Your starving friend,

Zeva

11 comments:

  1. Oh Zeva, eventually you'll learn to play ur humans, kinda like I do, always learn from the master!
    I'm sure you'll get it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right Cotton. In the mean time I'm wasting away to nothing :(
      Zeva

      Delete
    2. The eyes have it Zeva, the eyes! That's what works for us. Mama can never resist them. You will get there :-)
      Ur pawpals,
      Bumo and Miu

      Delete
    3. Thanks your your help. It's getting worse since the vet confirmed that I do need to lose a few pounds. Sigh. I guess it's not all bad since I now get dried apple slices in stead of regular dog biscuits as treats when I do get treats. Dried apple slices are really good.
      I'll let you know how it's going as long as I have the strength to type.
      Your friend
      Zeva

      Delete
  2. Today we had cottage cheese with roti (indian flat bread) . YUMMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cottage Cheese! I LOVE cottage cheese too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cottage cheese is good for weight watchers, did u know? You really should come over Zeva :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be able to visit with you and we could all play in your garden. Only trouble is I don't like to fly and I don't think we can drive our car all the way to India.

      Your sad friend
      Zeva

      Delete
  5. Sad but true. You can't drive over thru' the ocean. I don't like flying either, neither does Miu. But hey, if you ever come to my part of the world, our doors and garden are open for a good tumble :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha and if you come to the U.S.A. I have a huge yard that we can run in and I can teach you how to chase squirrels. It's lots of fun. Course, I never caught one yet but may be three against one would help.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the invite, Zeva. We love chasing too, though we have never chased squirrels. We usually chase crows and monkeys tho' mama tells us to stay away from monkeys. She says u never know when they will turn on you and bite!

    ReplyDelete