Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Eat, Sleep Play


Had a very busy morning catching up on reading some of my favorite blogs.  I love the internet cuz I get to talk to all of you guys and read your blogs where I learn about you and where you live.


Even though we live in different places around the world, there is one thing I noticed we have in common.  All dogs love to play.  Age or size or breed, it doesn’t matter, we were made to play and have fun.  You dogs that have brothers and sisters are lucky cuz you have someone to play with all the time.  For those of us who are in single dog households, although there are some advantages, like not having to share cookies or the bed with another dog, humans don’t like to play as much as dogs do.


Have you noticed that with your humans? They do lots of things like work, drive cars, cook meals, shovel snow, but they don’t play so much with us dogs.  It could be cuz they aren’t so good at it.  For one thing, they’re not very fast runners.  I can run around our house three times and they barely move from the starting point.


They don’t play Chase Me at all.  I think they are trained not to play that game.  I wonder if it’s some religious thing.  Whenever I want to play Chase Me, they call me back and want to play another game like Sit and Down. 


They don’t play Catch very good either.  I can catch the ball almost every time they throw it but they almost never catch it when I throw it back.  And, they don’t know the rules.  They can’t understand that in a game of Catch or Fetch, after you bring the ball or toy back, you are supposed to play Tug of War with it.  Two years and my humans still don’t know how to play those games right.

 
Don’t get me wrong.  I love my humans very much, even if they are play challenged.  They are kind and loving and smart.  They are smart enough to know their short comings and take me to Dog Park or Doggie Day Care where I can play with others who have equal athletic abilities and who know the rules for all the games.


Love to know your favorite game and your secret for getting your humans to play with you.


Your friend,

Zeva

 
P.S. Shameless self-promotion one of our PawPals Gift Basket is the perfect gift for any dog, any occasion.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zeva! Thanks for visiting my blog! I couldn't agree more with you about humans and their lack of skill when it comes to play. They don't seem to understand the importance of play - if they did they would play more and spend less time going to that place they call work or doing what they call "chores" (which don't look fun at all - so why do they do them?) Maybe if humans played more they would be better at it. Momma tries to spend some time playing with me each day and she makes sure I get to play with my doggie buds, but I wish mom would play with me more.

    your pal,
    Garth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Garth. I'm trying to train my humans to play more. I know they are capable so I'll just keep working with them and eventually they'll get it.

      I do believe you can teach old humans new tricks.

      Your friend,
      Zeva

      Delete