Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Being Top Dog

I didn’t wake up one day and find myself as Chief Canine Officer of a pet gift basket company. It took years of hard work and lots of learning.

I started my life in a non-kill shelter in South Carolina. When I was just a baby, I was put in a van with my litter mates and other shelter dogs and driven to New England where my chances of being adopted were better.

My picture was put on petfinders.com along with thousands of other dogs looking for forever homes. I got lucky when my Mom saw my picture and called the rescue people. I was so little and kind of scared. Mom and Dad were really nice and before long we were a real family.

I had a big job to do. Being the dog of a family is a very responsible position, especially when you are adopted into a family where other dogs used to live until the crossed over to Rainbow Bridge.

I got to go to Mom’s Studio everyday with her. I watched how she worked at the gift basket business. Peoples seemed to like getting gift baskets and I knew that pets liked to get gifts too so why not start making gift baskets for pets.

Mom liked the idea and we made a special section in the Shoppe just for pet gift baskets. We would think about what kinds of things would be liked best. Toys are always fun and of course, treats,

My job can be challenging but it is also very rewarding. One of the percs is that I get to taste test the treats and play with the toys we consider using.

When DixieLee came to live with us I trained her good and now we are even more selective in what toys and treats we put in our gift baskets. Like, now we only buy treats that are made in the USA.

We have grown over the past six years and I am looking forward to helping more pets received high quality gift baskets from the peoples who love them.

To see our large selection of gift baskets for dogs and cats, just go to pawpalsboutique.com You’ll be glad you did.

Love,

Zeva, Chief Canine Officer

P.S. Blatant self-promotion. For the bestest pet gift baskets in the universe, check out pawpalsboutique.com


No comments:

Post a Comment