Friday, August 17, 2018

Eau de Stinky 2


I’m in the dog house.  Mom is wearing her not happy face so I think I’ll just hang out where she isn’t.

Everything was going just fine.  We all went for a big walk and, like usual, when we get back to our yard I get to go off leash.  I like when I get to go off leash because I can investigate more places.

Just as I got to the top of the little hill, I smelled something interesting so I ran for it.  Just what I thought, I nice big pile of poop.  I think it was from a coyote.  There are lots of wild animals living in the woods around our town.

I don’t like when they cross our yard but they are sneaky and do it when I am sleeping so I can’t stop them but maybe, just maybe there is a way to catch them.

If I smelled like a coyote, they wouldn’t know it was me and I could sneak up on them and chase them away.  So, I rolled and rolled in the pile until I was covered all over with their scent.

Coyotes might like the smell, but Moms don’t.  Oh boy, was I ever in trouble.

This wasn’t the first time I got myself in this particular kind of trouble so you would think Mom would remember that I told her that it was what dogs have done since early, early days.  We cover ourselves with the scent of prey so that they don’t know it is us sneaking up on them. She wasn’t buying it.

So, just like last time, I got washed and dried and now I really smell yucky.  Mom used some of the stuff we get for our Spot’s SPA Gift Baskets.  Humans like the smell and it makes fur more fluffy.  I guess I’ll look at this as a “product testing” session.

DixieLee loves to roll around on grass and rugs.  She does it all the time but never in poop so she doesn't get in trouble.

Here comes Mom now.  I think I’ll find another room to be in for a few minutes.

Love,

Zeva

P.S. Blatant self-promotion.  For the bestest pet gift baskets in the universe go to pawpalsboutique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment