Saturday, April 9, 2016

Dogs At Play

Playing is so much fun I didn't realize it is actually very good for dogs.  You've heard the expression "a tired dog is a good dog", well, it's true.  I can see it with my sister DixieLee.  I'm a pretty laid back dog but DixieLee is hyper.  If we don't do a lot of play she manages to find some way to get into trouble.

Neither one of us is a puppy any more be we still love to wrestle and fight like puppies do.  Some people think we are vicious because we play rough but we know the rules and never hurt one another.  When we go to day care we have  to remember that not all dogs like to play as hard as we do.  If I am playing too hard the other dog will let me know.  He will nip me or just not want to pay any more.  If this happens I know I need to say I am sorry and then most of the time they will want to play some more.

Chasing around the pen is another of our favorite games.  DixieLee can run really, really fast.  We love to chase each other around the house too but Mom gets all grumpy we we race down the hall to see who can jump on the bed first then race back down the hall to see who can get the best seat on the couch.

We like to play with our humans too.  It's great fun to steal socks and have them pay tug of war with us.   Mom doesn't like that game so much but she will play if we use one of our tug toys instead.  Games that make me think are lots of fun. Dad does good hide and go seek and I love when I have to figure out how to get the kibble out from inside the Kong.

Play is good exercise too.  We like to take Mom and Dad on hikes because they are getting old and exercise helps to keep them young.  Walking also keeps everyone's weight down.  Being a lab, I love to eat and if I don't get enough exercise, I get a buffalo butt.  Going on hikes is fun and going on hikes at Dog Park is the BEST.  It's so much fun I never want to leave so sometimes I don't get in the car when I am supposed.  Not getting the care makes it so everyone has to stay longer.

Some dogs like to chase balls or Frisbees but DixieLee and I would rather chase squirrels.  We never catch them cuz they can climb trees but one of these days...

I hear that we re going to go to day care tomorrow.  The weather has been cold and rainy and I hate to get wet so we have been staying inside.  The day care people have a big covered outside area where we can play and we can run all we want in the big inside room.  It's lots of fun to run inside and not have anyone tell you to stop!  The bestest part is that there are so many other dogs to play with.  I can't wait. Maybe I'll see you there.

Your friend,

Zeva

P.S.  Blatant self-promotion.  We now have our very own website with the BESTEST dog gift baskets in the whole Universe.  Check it out at pawpalsboutique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment